These past few weeks I feel like I have gotten soooo lazy in the cooking department! Our meals have gotten seriously simple over here! Between running kiddos to all of their activities and all the chores that need to get done around here I just don’t have time! Now that the weather is nice, cooking has moved down on my priority list! I think most moms can relate, right?!? So I am all about quick, easy and healthy meals I can throw together in a matter of minutes! I think that has been the theme of most of my Meal Plan Monday’s lately! Ahhh lazy mom’s unite!
Also hello warm weather! That makes me want to cook even less! Soooo break out the grill people! That will make your lives soooo much easier this time of year! We have been serving some type of grilled meat, potatoes, veggies and salad on repeat around here… and no one is complaining! When time is really tight and grilling is not a option I have been breaking out the crock pot. And no the crock pot is not only for the fall and winter! Crock pot carnitas has become a weekly staple in our house. And the leftovers have unlimited possibilities… double win!
This week’s edition of Meal Plan Monday is full of eaaassyyy, peasy, healthy meals! We don’t have time to be slaving in the kitchen this time of year! So please leave me a comment with your go to easy meals and let me know what you think of all these delicious recipes! Happy Monday All!! Start your week great!
- One pot meals are a huge time saver in both the cooking and cleaning process! I make a mean cabbage roll skillet with just four ingredients that my family loves! Check out the recipe at the end of this post!
- Like I mentioned before Crock Pot Carnitas have been my go to lately! Pile that delicious pork over rice if that’s your thing, or over a huge salad if you are like us! Top with salsa, guac and fresh cilantro to make the perfect meal!! Check out MariaMakes for an amazing recipe that makes tooonns of leftovers!
- Ok now this recipe took a little prep but was delicious none the less! I have been meaning to try Sarah’s recipe for Thai Meatball and Egg Drop Soup from her blog A Saucy Kitchen for a long time now. I finally made it last week and I’m in love! So satisfying and full of flavor. Check out the recipe here!
- Another easy and satisfying one pot family favorite in our house is steak fajitas! Jessica from Easy Living Today has a great recipe! Find it here!
- We are using up the last of my freezer stash of home grown chickens and this Beer Can Chicken recipe from Jo Cooks is AMAZING! So juicy! I did mine in the oven like her recipe and eliminated the brown sugar. But you can also make a mean chicken on the grill as well!
- Last recipe for this week is this tasty and family friendly recipe for Sausage Pizza Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes from The Paleo Running Momma! Ahhh all adults and kids in our house devoured them all!
Thanks for stopping by today! Hopefully you will find a meal or two your family will love in this bunch! Don’t be shy to leave me a comment with what you think!
Paleo Cabbage Roll Skillet
Remember those homey cabbage rolls Grandma spent hours making?! Well here is my lazy mom interpretation! It only takes four ingredients to make this one pot, satisfying, comfort food!
Brown ground beef in your skillet
Once beef is browned add sliced cabbage, tomato juice, and salt to skillet
Cover and cook on medium heat until cabbage is tender. About 20 minutes.
I am always on the hunt for new family friendly recipes. And with us now on our fourth round of the Whole 30 adding variety to our meals is key. What is the phrase? Variety is the spice of life?! So true right? So this time I am doing my best to mix up our meals and try lots of new things!
Now for me, I tend to find something I like will stick with it. I will eat it day in and day out. Have you been following my salad obsession on Instagram??? Now this is totally cool if I do this for my lunches, but not so cool for family dinner. I need to mix things up or no one will eat, well besides me! My husband totally needs variety keep him entertained, and if I am going to keep him excited about this Whole 30 craziness I need to serve him food he will want to eat! This time the tons of new recipes I have been trying are really making this round easy! My husband even mentioned that this has been the easiest round yet!
So easy and enjoyable that we decided to extend it out an extra 30 days to see if we can get some pesky skin and GI issues to totally clear up. Day 39 today and we are both feeling pretty great. And I am totally seeing some improvement in my skin just in the last week. Win, Win! But this is a whole different topic for another time…
Back to the real point here! Variety, Healthy Dinners, Family Friendly Recipes! That was what I was really taking about, right?! Every Whole 30’er with little kids needs some go to recipes that please the whole family. And I am always on the hunt for such recipes! I refuse to make two dinners and my kiddos start to get bored with meat, potatoes and veggies after awhile. So I started throwing things together and came up with this awesome Taco Beef and Veggie mix that can be stuffed into Sweet Potatoes for a healthy, filling and well rounded meal everyone will love. It can also eaten alone, or over a salad. Whatever works for you!
So give this a try and please, please let me know what you all think! I would love to hear what family friendly Whole 30 recipes are favorites in your house! Thanks for stopping in and come back again soon!!
Taco Beef and Veggie Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Whole 30 Approved Family Favorite
Brown Ground Beef (I used lean grass fed ground beef so there was very little grease to drain off, depending on the type of beef you use you may need to drain off the grease after browning your meat)
While beef is browning dice and shred your veggies
After beef is browned add in diced onions, bell peppers, and jalapeño. Saute over medium heat for about 3 minutes or until veggies begin to soften
Add in garlic and cook for another minute
Add shredded carrots, zucchini, diced tomatoes, salsa and spices to your meat mix. Add salt to taste. Stir and simmer for about 10 more minutes.
While Taco mix is simmering, cook your potatoes. I am always in a rush with dinner so I just wash them, poke a few holes in each and microwave them for about 10 minutes or until they are soft. If you have tons of time you can always cook them in the oven for about an hour at 400 degrees.
Once your Taco Mix and Sweet Potatoes are cooked, slice and stuff your potatoes with your mix, top with some Guacamole and Cilantro and Enjoy!!!