These past few weeks I feel like I have gotten soooo lazy in the cooking department! Our meals have gotten seriously simple over here! Between running kiddos to all of their activities and all the chores that need to get done around here I just don’t have time! Now that the weather is nice, cooking has moved down on my priority list! I think most moms can relate, right?!? So I am all about quick, easy and healthy meals I can throw together in a matter of minutes! I think that has been the theme of most of my Meal Plan Monday’s lately! Ahhh lazy mom’s unite!
Also hello warm weather! That makes me want to cook even less! Soooo break out the grill people! That will make your lives soooo much easier this time of year! We have been serving some type of grilled meat, potatoes, veggies and salad on repeat around here… and no one is complaining! When time is really tight and grilling is not a option I have been breaking out the crock pot. And no the crock pot is not only for the fall and winter! Crock pot carnitas has become a weekly staple in our house. And the leftovers have unlimited possibilities… double win!
This week’s edition of Meal Plan Monday is full of eaaassyyy, peasy, healthy meals! We don’t have time to be slaving in the kitchen this time of year! So please leave me a comment with your go to easy meals and let me know what you think of all these delicious recipes! Happy Monday All!! Start your week great!
- One pot meals are a huge time saver in both the cooking and cleaning process! I make a mean cabbage roll skillet with just four ingredients that my family loves! Check out the recipe at the end of this post!
- Like I mentioned before Crock Pot Carnitas have been my go to lately! Pile that delicious pork over rice if that’s your thing, or over a huge salad if you are like us! Top with salsa, guac and fresh cilantro to make the perfect meal!! Check out MariaMakes for an amazing recipe that makes tooonns of leftovers!
- Ok now this recipe took a little prep but was delicious none the less! I have been meaning to try Sarah’s recipe for Thai Meatball and Egg Drop Soup from her blog A Saucy Kitchen for a long time now. I finally made it last week and I’m in love! So satisfying and full of flavor. Check out the recipe here!
- Another easy and satisfying one pot family favorite in our house is steak fajitas! Jessica from Easy Living Today has a great recipe! Find it here!
- We are using up the last of my freezer stash of home grown chickens and this Beer Can Chicken recipe from Jo Cooks is AMAZING! So juicy! I did mine in the oven like her recipe and eliminated the brown sugar. But you can also make a mean chicken on the grill as well!
- Last recipe for this week is this tasty and family friendly recipe for Sausage Pizza Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes from The Paleo Running Momma! Ahhh all adults and kids in our house devoured them all!
Thanks for stopping by today! Hopefully you will find a meal or two your family will love in this bunch! Don’t be shy to leave me a comment with what you think!